Thursday, October 1, 2009

1st flat

Today I was biking to a coal movie which I was invited to by some of the GP people here and what do you know, I get a flat. I had a patch kit on me but my pump was in my trailer so I started walking. I passed a bike shop and figured I had better get it taken care of before the movie or I would be stuck walking my bike pretty far kinda late. I pull in and ask to borrow a pump, I take off the wheel and tire, find the whole, which was caused by a big nail which I also found, and then decided I didn't have time. I know how to fix a flat but have never done it before.I brought it into the shop, paid 10 dollars for a new tube and they put it on. I hurry out now with 8 minutes to get to the screening at the MOMA and three blocks later I get my second flat of the trip. Over 1000 miles with no flats and I get 2 in a row the only time I have been in a hurry this whole time. anyways, I ride on the rim to the MOMA and meet the Alexa the Greenpeacer who invited me with a minute to spare. The movie was real powerfull focusing on mountain top removal and was followed by a question and answer session which was also helpful but wow, the reception after was amazing. If I wern't in a new city on my own and wanted to drink . But even so, the ordorves(?) were crazy! and they just kept comming arouund with great treats! I then carried my bike to Mulligans place in hopes that she had a pump, which we couldn't find and then watched American Splender with her and her roommate Maya. I walked back to Willies around 2 O clock, it was a nice walk with the exception of a cop pulling over and asking if I had seen a crazy woman and then driving really slowly looking for formentioned crazy woman.

I think I am going to like it here,
ArthYouAre

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
i told you, you would get two flats!!
glad to see you made it to sf. you
stayed at many of the same sites as
we did. we headed inland at smith
river. the ride thru the redwoods was
great. north to grants pass, just before crater lake we crossed the
continental divide. at crater lake we rode to 7500'. we had perfect weather. we could see mt shasta 100 miles away. the ride down to bend was fun. heading west from bend we had to cross the divide again. we enjoyed the high desert
more than the ocean. many of the roads we used had less traffic.
is the trailer fixed?

tandem team
rich and karlene

guide and seek said...

hors d'oeuvres--tasty little treats. it's a bitch to spell. I think you're gonna like it there, too. was the 2nd flat the other tire?