Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bandon Or

So Thursday I got a pretty late start and just ended up camping a few miles from where Linsey droped me off, I was the only biker there and was worried I had missed the biking pack. the next morning I biked about 40 miles to Honeyman state park. When I got there around 3 I was the only biker and got worried again. I went to the dunes which are awesome (pictues coming) and when I got back to the site some others were shifting in. That evening I had a nice chat with a retired man named John who does little loops back to his car and then drives to a different area and will do anouther loop, this way he avoids the big hills(mountians). I also met a lady who was about to start grad school at USO in Corvallis and was taking a quick bike tour while she had the chance. There was a fun couple heading to San Fransisco, I ended up staying up kinda late with them as he had bought a ukelale(?) from the guitar/bike store I will post a picture of when I get a chance. To top off the biker secton of the park was a woman named KC( spelled with other letters I just don't know them) She drove up from Utah and was doing the Oregon coast then heading back to work. The next day was my longest and hardest yet, I got a real late start due to rain and didn't leave the camp till round 1:30 then it was 55 miles to go to where I was planning on camping. When 6:30 rolled around I started to get a little scared and when the sun was thinking really hard about going to bed I started hitching. Luckily it wasn't quite as far as the woman who had given me the directions in the last town had said it was and I got into Sunset Bay state park just in time to set up my tent without my head lamp. KC from the night before was also there and we talked for a while, she shared her beans and rice with me which were delicious and it turns out she is from Milwaukee.This morning she headed out of camp a little before me, I was taking my time because the first 10 miles of the day was on a road called 7 devils road apropiatly named for 7 big hills spanning the 10 miles. Towords the end of the last desent I met up with her on the road. We desided to stop for luch in town where I am writting this on my buddy. I have another 35 miles to go totaling 60 miles miles for the day.

Skamper Pants,
Arthur

Ps. I am a libray now and made some changes to the post up there to add detail. I have about five miles to go to the campsite and the afternoon ride was beutiful. Nice wind at my back and me and KC stuck together and talked a bit on the bikes. It was a nice change of pace.

1 comment:

guide and seek said...

Shana Tova, Louie. Your lovely day was on the second day of Rosh HaShanah--a gift from G!d maybe?? May you be blessed with lovely afternoons and good company on your trip. Yom Kippur begins Monday at sunset and is all day on Tuesday. A good day for awesome experiences. Lots of love.